This latest release to Inform Direct focuses on enhancing the company formation process including the addition of an in-process AML check for customers forming companies for themselves. As well as this we’ve been taking your customer feedback on board and these are the improvements that have been made:
- Automatic saving of the company formation process ‘as you go’.
- Address services – new provider, more locations and a better price.
- Immediate redirection to the login page when your session times out.
- A few other small, but great, improvements.
Form a company now
Starting a new company? Look no further, within minutes your application to form a company will be submitted to Companies House.
Incorporation Saving – As You Go
As you progress through the incorporation process the information you have entered will now be automatically saved with each step you complete. The top right of each step will tell you when the data was last saved.
To continue the incorporation you can find it in your portfolio. If you no longer want to form the company, you can remove it from there too.
AML Checking Built In
Since July 2017, when forming a company in the UK, AML checks are required. Since then our company formations had been restricted to those acting as an agent for formations. With this release, if you are forming a company of which you are a director (/LLP member) or person of significant control (PSC) then you will be able to complete the required AML checks electronically within the formation process in just a few minutes. All you’ll need is:
- To be a UK resident (so your identity can be reliably electronically verified).
- To upload a photo of an identity document (passport, driving licence, national ID card).
- To take and upload a photo of yourself, a ‘selfie’.
At the appropriate point in the process you’ll be asked to take a photo of an identity document and a selfie. You can do this on a webcam, or be sent a link by text message to do this via a smartphone. The AML check will be run there and then, and you’ll usually have a result in a few minutes!
If you are forming companies on behalf of others and are hence regulated by a professional body, the FCA or HMRC for anti-money laundering purposes, then get in touch with us and we will perform a one-time AML check and you can then take advantage of our easy company incorporation process.
Address Services – New Addresses Available
We now have a new supplier of address services. This new supplier will benefit our customers in multiple ways:
- They offer a choice of addresses in London with prestigious locations – Great Portland Street, W1W and Hatton Garden, EC1.
- They offer an address in Edinburgh, with more locations rolling out in the future too.
- You no longer have to pay per director service address – all directors’ service addresses are included in one price.
And best of all, we are now able to offer better prices for all of these address services.
Session Time Out Improvement
Security is very important to all companies, and as part of its security features, Inform Direct has required sessions that have become inactive to log in again, though this was not immediately apparent until attempting to perform an action. Now, where a session has become inactive, the user will be immediately directed to the log in page.
A few usability enhancements to the company formation process have been included to continue to improve the process, all following customer feedback we have received:
- Up to 20 shareholders (as subscribers) are now permitted for a company formation.
- Once a company is successfully formed at Companies House the notification email will be received by the person that formed the company and anyone else that is subscribed to receive the emails.
- When applying for a Barclays bank account within the incorporation process, you can now select existing addresses for the contact.
- The first board minute created on incorporation now contains the date of incorporation confirmed by Companies House.
Please do get in touch with features or improvements that would help you with company formations or company secretarial work. All ideas welcomed!
Forming a company and need an address service?
Our capital package includes the company formation, printed incorporation documents, a registered office & officer address service and more!