We’ve been very busy last month with three releases:
- Confirmation statement approval document emails
- Updating multiple address records
- Deferring Companies House data discrepancies on company import.
And this release is a double!
- Approvals are now available on changes dated in a prior confirmation statement period
- Companies imported with unpaid shares now have the amounts attributed to shareholders.
There are many benefits to subscribing
Confirmation statement automation is exclusive to subscribers of the software. This is just one of many benefits of an Inform Direct subscription.
Approvals on changes in prior confirmation statement periods
When a change is made in a confirmation statement period that had already been confirmed (e.g. officer appointment, change of personal details etc.), as a subscriber to the software, you will now be presented with the option to save the change for approval.
This will generate the approval PDF document and save the change. It can then be sent to Companies House once confirmed.
Just like any other approval, this can be edited or continued at a later date. You’ll see it on your portfolio screen and you’ll get reminders for it.
Importing companies with unpaid shares
Companies House does not request or hold data about unpaid shares at a granular enough level:
- It isn’t provided as an amount per share class (or even per shareholder)
- The paid share amount is not provided at all.
Therefore when you import a company into Inform Direct there is not enough information to complete the unpaid amounts per share and attribute those unpaid amounts to the respective shareholders.
However, we can help to set these up with a good idea of these values in certain circumstances, which will likely be correct. Where we can, this information is now completed during import of a company.
The result is that a large majority (over 90%) of companies now imported with unpaid shares will have their unpaid per share amounts and unpaid amount attribution to shareholders completed for you. You can then review these and amend if needed.
Do you form companies?
Inform Direct makes it easy by producing all the documents you need as part of the process.